454 SS Lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I've found a set of chrome rims off a 1990 454 SS pickup. They have the center caps and lug but covers but no lug nuts.

Do they use the same lug nuts as a regular steel wheel or stock alloy wheel? (Is there a difference between alloy and steel lugs)

I bought my 97 with aftermarket 20s and after market lugs and I'm not a fan of how they look.

Thanks

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It should use the regular lug nuts with the threads on the out size for the center caps nuts.

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It should use the regular lug nuts with the threads on the out size for the center caps nuts.
Where is the best place to purchase a set of these that are made in USA? I bought some from Autozone and all were made in China. 3 put of 15 were too large for bolts...as in they would slip on and off the bolt with little contact with the threads? Makes me wonder if any of them will hold a wheel on my truck???

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

ebay ad said:
***WILL NOT WORK WHEN WITH OEM CENTER CAPS THAT USE THE LUGS TO INSTALL THE CAPS ON ***

They appear to be the correct style, but maybe the screwed up the dimensions somehow?

Anyway shameless plug, I have a full set of 24 OEM, actually came from GM, lug nuts...cad plating still in good shape, I think I installed them once. They're for sale in the classifieds section for $25 plus shipping, probably cram them in a priority flat rate box and ship for under $10. A little more $ than those ebay lugs but they're real GM and there's no issues with using them as intended with the black plastic lug caps (some of which I also have for sale, including a gorgeous set that have never been used, still shiny black, set of 20 for $20.)

Richard