454 engine exhaust manifold fitment 1995 k2500/1996 k3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glindy

Reaction score
First post here looking for some help,I'm gonna need it.

Daughter just bought a 1995 k2500 w 7.4 and the dirt bag stuck her with a "road ready" truck that can't pass state inspection due to the entire exhaust system being shot,including a removed cat. Estimates for exhaust repair alone exceed $2000+ as the rusted bolts will require replacing manifolds. Between that a stripped steering pit/box(due to Torque bars cranked up to frame stops,lifted right huh) A trans that won't shift into 4th/od,overheating engine,ABS system errors,cab corners,power window,alt,starter,etc etc going to have to take him to court,if his correct address can be found. Needs his azzz beet screwing a kid over on her first vehicle purchase.
In the meantime to pass inspection without spending too much if she can't collect from a turnip, I located a 1996 k3500 454 with 2 year old dual system on it and a steering box for cheap. It looked to be the same angle at the manifold but may be bigger dia pipe and has solid mt rings vs spring mt on 95. The manifolds themselves appear to have had the bolt holes relocated from 95/96 possibly due to air injection. The donuts have different numbers,possibly from different diameters, Will it be possible to make this pipe fit a new 95 454 manifold set? I have a tig and can weld smaller/larger extensions to make donuts fit if it lines up otherwise. I think the steering boxes are the same 95/96. Then after taking off monster tires and dropping it down 4", as it needs a proper lift kit for suspension to work,she can use it and sue to get it fixed as it was sold to be.

Any one have experience in this area have some ideas?