4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I've got HIDs running in my truck, I hooked them up using a relay on the passenger side only. The driver side headlight plug is not currently plugged into anything. Can I do the 4hi mod on the driver side or do I have to tie it into the relay I used on the pass side?

the wiring for the headlights is ran from the pass. side to the driver's side..

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I can not use the wiring that is running along the driver side fender as my source for the 4hi mod? Do Passenger side and Driver side headlights run off of different fuses/relays in the vehicle's electric system?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Have you checked the fuse?

sent from Rustbucket

sounds like bad fuse or relay or possible bad connection for the ground or power coming off the relay.

It's one of Baron's kits. No fuse. Power is from the one of the posts on the under-hood fuse box. I'll reground it in a different spot.
If that doesn't work, I'll rewire the kit into the harness on the D/S inner fender. Can't see that making a big dif, but diagnosing would be easier. If that still doesn't work, I'll rewire (again!) as per G. W.'s method.
Thanks guys!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
So I can not use the wiring that is running along the driver side fender as my source for the 4hi mod? Do Passenger side and Driver side headlights run off of different fuses/relays in the vehicle's electric system?

Yes, you can tap into the wires along the inner fender.
D/S & P/S are on the same circuit.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram for doing a relay harness and 4 hi?

Adam

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
In theory i think you would have to use 3 relays I think 1 low 1 high and one for 4 hi?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
In theory i think you would have to use 3 relays I think 1 low 1 high and one for 4 hi?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You only need 2 if using the method I've posted before.

One for lows, one for highs.

You also get the short run full 12v from the batteries.