4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the kit from stylin but I'm going to do this soon instead. If I run the highs for more than an hour straight the stylin kit overheats and shuts both highs and lows off. -_-

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so this mod makes it so that when you switch your hi beams on it leaves the low beams on aswell? does being Canadian and having Daytime running Lights effect this mod? can someone please explain? I read the first couple pages and im still not sure what exactly this mods does for wich lights are lit up when?

ON another note, without installing HID's (im 16 and cops are already biased to writing my tickets) can I get "brighter" bulbs for my truck? I spent lots of time on backroads and I have running lights and PIAA fogs, but hey more light never hurts.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
The 4 high mod will keep the lows ON when you flip to the highs. I think the brightest halogen bulbs you can get are the Sylvania Silverstars for our trucks.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With daytime running lights I think you have to disable them for this mod to work properly. Some people have had issues with the 4 high mod and daytime running lights.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I havnt had any issues with my 4 hi mod and I have drl's lol

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If my DRL's were functional I could tell you if mine worked with hi-4 or not but the resistor box is fried so no DRL's anyways!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've had no probs with my Canadian DRL's. Hook 'em up & go! One of the best mods I did to my '98. First mod I did to my '97 when I got it.
I've got the G.E. Nighthawks. The '+' 90% ones. Best lights I've found without going to HID's. And I've got a shelf in my shop with about 10 different pairs of lights that I've tried. Probably about $500.00 worth, just sitting there. And they can stay there since I found the Nighthawks.
The 4-hi kits that I have, are ebay specials. I've had a few probs with the relays. If you are to do this, & I highly recomend it, is get one of 'Mean Green's' kits. Apparently a better design, with an eaier install style.
This is a safety thing, in a way. I wouldn't own a GMT400 without this mod!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason I posted that is I read either here or on FSC that some people were having issues with it, It may have been a wiring mistake though.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sewlow58 good to see a fellow Canadian! And a close one at that (I'm in kamloops) you mention buying a kit? If I follow the first post on this thread am I essentially making my own kit? I'm super comfortable with wiring ( 6 amp kits, 2 pairs of running lights, back up lights, Work lights....) and I thought the procedure looked simple enough. Also do you use 1 relay per side? The original post shows 1 relay but never mentions doing anything with the light on the other side Of the truck? Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited: