4/6 Drop Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theraphy

Reaction score
Is it me or does the back sagg?
Also my front wheels are grinding on control arms said i needed bigger wheels? I did before with other truck and it never did that. Thanks guys!
You must be registered for see images attach

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks fine to me, prolly need to added rear shock extenders to help with the angle of shock so it doesn't bottom out as easy or drag like other post says. Also yes bigger rims would prolly work.

jarhead92

Reaction score
You need spacers in front and or cut/grind the lip off the front and back of the control arm is what I had to do to run stock wheels, otherwise go to a 16" wheel

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Shock extender is not for correcting a ride height issue. It's to help correct the angle the shock operates at so it can be more effective at its job...which is dampening wheel bounce.

That rear is sagging and it's probably because it either has drop shackles already installed (OEM shackles are very short and look nothing like fabbed drop shackles so it should be obvious if you look) or the springs have been seriously overloaded, or torched, or had leafs removed.

On fronts don't do spacers, you would need more thickness than is safe for a slip-on spacer (not enough stud length) to get the clearance you need, just carefully trim the control arms as mentioned. It's been documented a bunch so you should be able to find pics with some searching. Or as also said, go up in wheel size.

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Grind off the control arms here...

...and here. (this one needs a bit more to the inside.)