4.3 Vortec Marine intake swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did some reading on 4.3 performance mods and it seems the ONLY fuel mods you can do involves switching to the mercury marine style intake. I was wondering if anyone has any insite or advice involving this modification. Seems like quite a bit of labor and money.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
nto worth it for how much it costs imho. you can get a tune on it but i wouldnt waste any money on a 4.3 unless your going all out then turbo it and carb it and all that fancy go fast stuff.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya i agree its more of a forced induction mod. How much can i pick up a decent programer for? and what all parameters can be altered with a programer

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
first off, what year is your truck?

4.3L's had Vortec on the valve covers before "vortec" came out in 1996, in fact all 4.3Ls were called Vortec's since the 80's

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There is a performance cam out there for a 4.3. Who makes it, or what gains you'd get from it, I don't know. Had the info once, but anything 'performance' for these engines is stupid $$$, especially when the gains are limited just due to the engine itself, that I just kinda gave the idea up!