35s & gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im only getting 245 to 260 out of a tank, and thats using pure gas without ethanol. I went through a half tank carying stuff in the back of the truck and a 8 ft trailer full of brush, that took 2 trips and the landfill was only about 18 miles away one way.

mines about the same but mines all city driving just about.and my motor and trans is getting wore out.& it needs tuned up but its all getting replaced so i will wait to tune up till then..

i thank im gonna just leave my narrow 33s on the truck.wanna get it rebuilt and looking good.and i am concerned about gas mileage the way its rising.migh change the wheels for a better stance

LunyTic

Reaction score
My 2WD lifted 7 inches maybe 9 inches with the 33's I am getting about 11-14. my opinion as well as what my buddy told me, if youre concerned about gas mileage on a lifted truck then you need to leave it alone. I run through $80 a week, yes you read that right.

I get absolutely horrible MPG on a totally stock OBS 93 Ext. Cab 4x4 with 5.7L tbi and a 4L60E with 3.73 limited slip.

I put 45 in one day and drove 58 miles and had less gas than when I put 45 in it.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I get absolutely horrible MPG on a totally stock OBS 93 Ext. Cab 4x4 with 5.7L tbi and a 4L60E with 3.73 limited slip.

I put 45 in one day and drove 58 miles and had less gas than when I put 45 in it.

That would be less than 5 MPG...were you towing a mobile home or two???

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

u sir have somethang wrong with ur truck or u need need to take your racing to the track

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i talked to rough country and they said there 6 inch kit only drops the front diff. 4 inches........only ones im even interested in now is the cepek which is hard to get a hold of and full throttle suspension kit..the fts is supposed to be a full 6.5 inch drop

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
i talked to rough country and they said there 6 inch kit only drops the front diff. 4 inches........only ones im even interested in now is the cepek which is hard to get a hold of and full throttle suspension kit..the fts is supposed to be a full 6.5 inch drop

Its 5.5"...your sales rep was new or dumb, or both. I measured mine when installing it, and multiple other people have.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen from guys that installed the rc kit it is a 5.25" drop. You crank up for 6 an decrank for 4 since both front parts of the kit are the same.

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good price for a grand.i would have to pay someone to install it and gears.to big a project to do at my apt..i guess im getting one next year.**** the more i look at trucks on here the more i want some 35's

LunyTic

Reaction score
That would be less than 5 MPG...were you towing a mobile home or two???

LOL...I wish....Checked it several times...somer times with the boat and other times without the boat/trailer/load at all....same results

I have done all I could to figure it out...

New cap, rotor, wires, plugs, PCV, fuel filter, oil filter and synthetic oil, tranny filter, air filter, IAC (first cleaned then replaced), cleaned TB and injectors, timing checked (right on spot)....so I am at a loss