350 vortec swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cam is pretty lumpy, so it was definitely worth it. If I'd stayed TBI I would have invested almost as much into it as the Sniper cost, and it would have been maxed out.

If you get the TV cable adjusted okay, the ECU will still controls the torque converter clutch. If you want to ditch the ECU you can simply run switched power through a normally-open vacuum switch, the normally-closed contacts on your brake switch that go to your cruise control, and a normally-open 4th gear oil switch and have it work automatically. I haven't read up on the cruise control circuit to see if you can just tap it, run through the vacuum switch and 4th gear switch... etc. I'm making the swap to an NV3500.

Your TBI already has a return line, and you can use it for the Sniper.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The instructions say so. I haven't hooked it up to try it, but it's as simple as pulling the module out of a small cap HEI and splicing the Sniper's wires into the HEI leads. I have a spare distributor, I just need to make a blanking plate and grommet to replace the module and install it. I may tackle that this evening if the turbo for my diesel Beetle doesn't show up.