315/75/16 Driveability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up with 315/75-16 General Grabber's. Glad I didn't go smaller due to looks but can definitely notice the drag taking off, brakes don't feel bad. I'll see how it works for a while. I don't tow or haul like I used too but if it was a couple years ago when I was towing daily I don't think it would have worked well at all. But at the same time how the truck used to get used it would have never been lifted either.
Pics?

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm running 315/75/16 with 4:56 gears. Been daily driving it for awhile. Before I regeared it, I had 3:42 gears. It was awful. I would make certain you have the 3:73 gears then decide if you want to regear or not. If you don't, I'd go down to 33's. 35's are too big/heavy for anything less than 4:10 IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone

Just curious what's your mpg or gpm with that setup?

green98

Reaction score
I don't watch mileage that close anymore, just accept it's not good. Think I was getting 12-13 before, sometimes down to 11, I hardly run the highway more than 20min at a time and when I do it's usually around hills. Now the speedometer is so far off mileage won't be very accurate, above 10 I'll be happy.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mpg is relevant to enviroment and RFM(right foot modulation) my 96 has 3.42s with 315s and gets 12-13 run hard and up in the high teens when i can keep my foot in check, but i do have a 5 speed, but truck is still a bit sluggish, more so with a trailer

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get anywhere from 12-14mpg with that setup. Depending on how I drive and city/highway. I drive almost all highway speeds and even when I was hauling 500lbs of parts in the bed, still got 13mpg on the highway. The rpm's are high at highway speeds, but downshifting for hills is something I rarely do now.

Sent from my iPhone