3" lift and 33" tires questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should be fine. I had 305 terra grapplers on 16x8 outlaw 2 wheels. And I never cranked anything. But it may be different for a hoe.

Blaine Davies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1995 Tahoe LS 4-Door with 305-70-R16 Mud Terrains on the factory Alloys. The tires fit fine without even touching the T-bars. Full lock up front right to left with no rubbing on pavement, may be different if you're on the trail a lot though. The rear tires have room to breathe but with suspension flex the gap between the tires and the inner fenders gets a little claustrophobic. Just to be safe I'm going to throw a 2" block in the rear and crank the T-bars maaaaaybe an inch & no more. My truck sits higher in the front than the back anyway (saggy leafs) and if I don't have to touch the torsions then I won't I suggest the same for yourself. Going too high on the keys costs money in the long run anyway, (ball-joints/tie-rods/cv-axles.. the list goes on) Plus the ride will stiffen up and the truck will ride like a bag of *****!

Also:
With the factory alloys, the tires don't stick out of the fenders, so the boys in blue keep off your tail too! Nobody likes getting a ticket for having a bad ass GMT!

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Last edited:

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1995 Tahoe LS 4-Door with 305-70-R16 Mud Terrains on the factory Alloys. The tires fit fine without even touching the T-bars. Full lock up front right to left with no rubbing on pavement, may be different if you're on the trail a lot though. The rear tires have room to breathe but with suspension flex the gap between the tires and the inner fenders gets a little claustrophobic. Just to be safe I'm going to throw a 2" block in the rear and crank the T-bars maaaaaybe an inch & no more. My truck sits higher in the front than the back anyway (saggy leafs) and if I don't have to touch the torsions then I won't I suggest the same for yourself. Going too high on the keys costs money in the long run anyway, (ball-joints/tie-rods/cv-axles.. the list goes on) Plus the ride will stiffen up and the truck will ride like a bag of *****!

Also:
With the factory alloys, the tires don't stick out of the fenders, so the boys in blue keep off your tail too! Nobody likes getting a ticket for having a bad ass GMT!

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

My wheels and tires do stick out from under my fenders by a solid 2-3" now. Does anyone know what the Tn law says about tires outside the fenders?

My 3" body lift is now on. I'm happier than a pig in . I still wound up having to crank my T bars just ever so slightly and then of course I had to trim about 2" of the black airdam on each side because my tires rubbed when turning. My biggest issue is just as you said, the front rides higher than the rear. I'm still waiting on the chance to install the 2" lift block and new U bolts to level out the truck completely.

I was looking at the angle of my front axles and I think I might uncrank the T bars to ease some of the tension on my front end components.