3" cat-back exhuast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea that's how this all started for me is that stupid flange gasket haha.

My stock pipe between the cats and muffler are 2" outer diameter, just measured earlier today, not sure what it is before cats though. So even though you have them combining in the muffler you still went with the H-pipe? And I'm not sure exactly what muffler I picked up is (I jumped the gun and bought the exhaust before doing any research, was only $50 CAN so why not, I can resell for the same price if I decide I don't want it), I'll post a pic tonight when I get home.

And ya if you have a video that would be cool, if you don't it's not too big of a deal. How does it sound on the highway?

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Yea that's how this all started for me is that stupid flange gasket haha.

My stock pipe between the cats and muffler are 2" outer diameter, just measured earlier today, not sure what it is before cats though. So even though you have them combining in the muffler you still went with the H-pipe? And I'm not sure exactly what muffler I picked up is (I jumped the gun and bought the exhaust before doing any research, was only $50 CAN so why not, I can resell for the same price if I decide I don't want it), I'll post a pic tonight when I get home.

And ya if you have a video that would be cool, if you don't it's not too big of a deal. How does it sound on the highway?

I should clarify that by stock cats I mean brand new OE cats, not larger flow or diameter. My flange was rotted out and the Y pipe was warped at the flange. I cut the Y pipe off the flange and tried to straighten the flange out, then bolt it onto my cat in anticipation for a true dual set up (my truck has 2 separated cats). The flange wasn't as flat as I thought, so it burnt out 2 gaskets. After that I got fed up and just welded the new H pipe straight onto the cat flange. On the highway I rev around 1500 - 1700 going 110KPH. The sound is barely noticeable. For the first week, I heard everything, but as soon as it broke in I got used to it and now it sounds normal to me, except when I hit that sweet spot from about 1800 - 3000. Stounding outside it sounds awesome.

Give me a second, I'll grab you a video.

Edit: Video https://youtu.be/VbbLcaPqPYg

Last edited:

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome thanks! That sounds pretty sweet. You have a 350? Because I know when doing 110 KPH I'm revving at like 1800-1900 RPM, just curious. I was trying to find out what mufflers I picked up off this guy, from I understand from the Magnaflow website I think it must be straight through since it's polished (I'm assuming that the "satin" that they say the XL mufflers are is more matte looking). So I would just do a Y-pipe after the cats into the 3" pipe, maybe fab up an H-pipe. Not in a rush to do it but I'll post what I finally go with.

This what I picked up:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Can't really tell you, I picked my Magnaflow up brand new from a local supplier, so I was fairly sure what I was getting. It is a 96 Vortec 350, yeah. All stock. I actually got another video where I'm standing at the back by the exhaust and my buddy really revs it up. Also, my speedo is probably out, so I just used 110KPH as a reference point. Should've just went by revs, I'd say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYWGMTXF4ME&feature=youtu.be

Last edited: