3.42 g80

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$130 with free shipping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no a bad price....but if you got the time and opportunity try pull a part i just scored a GU6 G80 from a 99 suburban complete rear for 87 bucks.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you measure and record the backlash before you ripped it apart?

Used gears are tough to set up, helps if you've got a record of how they came apart.

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i didn't rip it apart i got the complete rear axle drum to drum with the suburban sway bar and brackets

You must be registered for see images attach

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i am going to rip out the G80 locker and install the GU6 ring gear on this. i got it last month from JEGS

1/2
Detroit Truetrac
The Detroit Truetrac is a helical-gear style performance differential that maximizes wheel traction and enhances driving and handling characteristics.

Operation
The Truetrac operates as a standard or open differential under normal driving conditions, allowing one wheel to spin faster or slower as necessary. When a wheel encounters a loss of traction or the terrain changes, the gear separation forces take effect and transfer torque to the high-traction wheel. The helical-shaped gears mesh with increasing force until wheel spin is slowed or completely stopped. When the vehicle exits the low traction situation, the differential resumes normal operation.

Performance
Operation of the Truetrac is smooth, quiet and automatic. The unit will engage without any driver knowledge or action required. It also has no wearable parts and requires no maintenance, meaning less time in the garage and more on the road.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to a g80 3.42 10 bolt chunk, gear and pinion gear. They came out of a 94 z71. Everything appears to be in excellent condition.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183211310223

i didn't rip it apart i got the complete rear axle drum to drum with the suburban sway bar and brackets

SOMEBODY tore out the differential and pinion pictured in the first post, and if they didn't bother to record the backlash before they did it, someone is going to have a hell of a time getting it set-up properly.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sold!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk