2dr 2wd tahoe exhaust questiond

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I just picked up a 99 2dr 2wd tahoe a few days ago and its all stock. I'm not a big fan of the stock exhaust as I can hardly hear it. I was looking to possibly just do a muffler swap but as I look under the truck it shows it has true duals to the muffler and then single out the stock location. Well I was thinking that well since there seems to be the space for it why not just run the pipe off the driver side manifold and go straight out the back. So I have a pipe on each side and then a tail pipe coming out each side in factory location.

So my question is would this work?
Would I gain/loose power?
Would I run into heat issues by the gas tank?

I would also run high flow cats one on each side and then either a magnaflow muffler on each side or a flowmaster hp2 on each side.

I really don't want a lot of drone as this is my daily driver/ cruiser.

What y'all think. And help me where you can.

Thanks

Also if y'all have some recommendations on some mid length or factory length headers for the vortec 5.7 post up the links.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You cant run it down the passenger side because of the gas tank thats why people run both of um down the pass side and then cross over to the pass side

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
You wont gain any noticeable amount of power. It would just be for looks and bragging rights

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Pipe diameter is key. Stay at 2.25.

Adam
I Hate small phones & fat fingers

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I heard, a nice single 3" system sounds better then true duals.

But saying "I have true duals" sounds way cooler then saying "I have a 3" system".

I guess it boils down to personal preference.