2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer "Truck with no name"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok....I had planned on keeping this truck somewhat stockish....but i have been off road with it and seen what it can do in stock form....now i want to build it up. I have been reading and researching on GMTNation and Offroadtb to get ideas...Here is the current plan, unlike the GMT400s which have constantly changing plans im reasonably sure that this is the one that will be set in stone:

Liftmeister 3" lift kit
Blistien HD Shocks and Struts
"88" front springs if needed to handle new bumper weight
Front winch bumper built in similar design to N Fab RSP
OE fog lights retrofitted with HIDs in ends of bumper
Hella 500 lights in center of bumper under the winch plate
265/70R17 tires on either OE wheels on spacers or some 6 x 5.5 wheels on adapters

Clarion CD player (one of the ones i bought from slipping)
Kicker DS Series speakers in the doors
some sort of organizer in the rear possibly bolted down to where the OE cargo tie downs are...Still debating this part though

Front bumper Design inspiration. The plan is to have the winch where the 4 large lights are and the OE fogs in the triangular section. The winch plate itself will extend a bit beyond the lower plate and i will most likely hang what ever off road lights i run from it, Just flip the lenses in the lights so the beam pattern is correct. Most likely going to run Hella 500s.

You must be registered for see images

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Washed the tb yesterday....was muddy for awhile...Damn now that I seen the paint color under decent sunlight I'm definitely liking it. Weather has been poor due to it being winter of course so I never got to see the paint color under nice clear sunlight till yesterday.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk 2

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i always thought it was blue ^^ lol Does look like a pretty clean TB though! Looks a hell of alot better with a front bumper too :)

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Playing with some ideas for the front end... mounting a hidden hitch behind the cover, hella micro de projector fog lights mounted in oe fog positions and a pair of hella off road lights on a custom light bar mounted where the plate mount used to be

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Playing with some ideas for the front end... mounting a hidden hitch behind the cover, hella micro de projector fog lights mounted in oe fog positions and a pair of hella off road lights on a custom light bar mounted where the plate mount used to be

Your thinking bout putting a hidden hitch on the front of your TB ... a cool ideer i had seen in Oregon the other day was they put the hitch, then mount a license plate bracket on a hitch... you put your license plate one and bam! the Receiver is gone! mind you... you dont have a license plate do you....

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Your thinking bout putting a hidden hitch on the front of your TB ... a cool ideer i had seen in Oregon the other day was they put the hitch, then mount a license plate bracket on a hitch... you put your license plate one and bam! the Receiver is gone! mind you... you dont have a license plate do you....

What I may do is fab up a light bar that locks into the hitch for main use and just remove the bar when I want to hook up the winch.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always wanted to do this to my trailblazer but with 205k miles it was not worth it. And what do you know I blew the trans up the next month. I put my trailblazer through He** and back and it never fought back or struggled.