2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer "Truck with no name"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I don't know its awfully big to be a resonator they normally look more like glass packs.... still ugly regardless. I mean the couldn't have put it somewhere under the trick out of sight?

Sent from my static android

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I don't know its awfully big to be a resonator they normally look more like glass packs.... still ugly regardless. I mean the couldn't have put it somewhere under the trick out of sight?

Im just going by what i seen on Offroad TB and Trailvoy...now im wondering gonna go look up an exhaust diagram for the TB

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
from what im reading online it is a resonator. Borla has a cat back that has a resonator that looks more like the traditional glass pack style. I will watch some vids on youtube later and see what the different options sound like.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
right on..... just do me a favor and get rid of it somehow :lol:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
right on..... just do me a favor and get rid of it somehow :lol:

Well after watching some vids on youtube I have a plan of attack. Gibson offers an exhaust for the trailblazer that exits out the side. The plan is to mimic this setup with a flowmaster 40 or a cherry bomb vortex with a glass pack style resonator between the muffler and cat to keep the tone down and have the tip exit out the side. The only way ill change that part is if the rear bumper cover is notched for the exhaust then of course it will exit from that locaton.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok as far as exhaust routing, there is no notch in the bumper...so I will go with side exit

Installed this yesterday, sirius starmate 7

You must be registered for see images

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
No major updates but I figured I would give my thoughts on this truck now that I have owned it for two months.

It is a great lil truck in stock form and has a lot of potential for upgrades although they are limited. Since it is an '08 about the only option I have for tuning is pcmforless if I remember the name right. However...to be honest I have no real need for any serious amount of tuning. The truck did come out of the factory with close to 300 hp to begin with. So honestly I think I would be more then happy with a better intake and a better flowing exhaust. And the tire size im moving up to doesent really justify the nearly $800 that tuning would cost.

Pros:
Tons of space
Plenty of power for my use and its size
Does pretty much everything I ask of it

Cons:

Low ground clearance
Limited in tire size unless spacers or adapters are used to change backspacing
Limited wheel selection

The plan I have for the truck as of this stage

BDS 2" lift
Lift meister 1.5" spacers (6x5 to 6x5)
245/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Silent armor tires
Second set of stock OE rims with tpms sensors
Westin safari light bar
Lightforce 140 Lance lights
Custom built roof rack
Rigid Dually lights

The reasoning behind the second set of oe wheels is because the cost of buying them is comparable to most aftermarket options for the tb...and the only ones that actually look good other then the American Racing "Trench" wheels which are difficult to get ahold of.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score