2002 Tahoe sweet deal in hard times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well did some more research about the head unit and talked to my girlfriends dad, he used to compete in audio comps and did all his own work, and found out that I can run my sub and amp. The av cables are back there I just didn't realize that's what they were because of color and how they are labeled. Still haven't had the time to install yet though.

I ordered and received my "lift kit", keys, extenders, and rear spacers. Still on the hunt for a new torsion bar or a set of torsion bars as my drivers side is fatigued pretty bad. Once I can get all that I'm going to be throwing the 35 generals and 17x8 d-windows from my 83 on and rocking that until I can afford new 35s. Shouldn't be too bad and hopefully it'll look great.

Another update I removed the "brush guards" from my brush guard so only thing left is essentially the push bar in the center and the light bar. Still have to make some mounts so I can put the top bar back in just cause it looks better that way in my opinion.

5.3s really love to eat oil. My truck doesn't leak a drop and I used about a quart or so of oil in about 1000 miles. As yall know Mobil on ain't cheap not to mention I ran synthetic Lucas oil treatment as well. So next oil change I'll be bumping up from 5w30 to 10w40 so if I can prevent some of that consumption. Need I remind everyone that it's got almost 249k miles now. Anybody recommend a better performing filter than Delco.

That's pretty much all my updates from the last few weeks. Been real busy with work during the day and too tired afterwards to really get anything done plus we keep having random rain spells here like today. Will hopefully get the lift on before long. So tired of being stock. It's so boring.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally replaced my hid fog lights. Got them from a guy for buying him a pack a cigarettes. Can't beat that deal. They match my lows perfectly. I found out I have a high beam out but I never use them so I ain't worried bout it till later. Going to do the 4 hi mod when I have the money for led high beams. I get all my new hid stuff from hidnation.com. their prices are good and their products seem to last. I've had absolutely no probs with my low beams and they were only 46 shipped. I hope to go full led after a while just can't afford it at the moment.

I finally picked up a set of torsion bars. Paid 75 bucks for the set. Also go a cargo cover. Got it for doing some work to a buddies (my bosses) 01 yukon. Completely installed 3rd row seats.

My Dark Blue Hoe

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Finally replaced my hid fog lights. Got them from a guy for buying him a pack a cigarettes. Can't beat that deal. They match my lows perfectly. I found out I have a high beam out but I never use them so I ain't worried bout it till later. Going to do the 4 hi mod when I have the money for led high beams. I get all my new hid stuff from hidnation.com. their prices are good and their products seem to last. I've had absolutely no probs with my low beams and they were only 46 shipped. I hope to go full led after a while just can't afford it at the moment.

I finally picked up a set of torsion bars. Paid 75 bucks for the set. Also go a cargo cover. Got it for doing some work to a buddies (my bosses) 01 yukon. Completely installed 3rd row seats.

My Dark Blue Hoe
4hi mod is super easy on these. I also recommend the double blinker mod

sent from my glade air freshner

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy 2 more blinker bulb sockets and wire them to your blinkers and put it in your running light hole and bam double blinker mod

And ditch the DRL lights correct? All I would have to do is basically splice in the new pigtail

My Dark Blue Hoe

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
And ditch the DRL lights correct? All I would have to do is basically splice in the new pigtail

My Dark Blue Hoe
Yes sir. I only did mine because my drls didn't work in the first place. Another neat idea, double blinker mod with switchbacks

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes sir. I only did mine because my drls didn't work in the first place. Another neat idea, double blinker mod with switchbacks

I was just about to bring that up. That would look great I think. Thanks for the idea I'm going to check prices on the pigtails very soon. And then check on switchbacks. To run switchback leds do you have to install a led flasher or a diode. Wondering if switchbacks will hyper flash

My Dark Blue Hoe

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I was just about to bring that up. That would look great I think. Thanks for the idea I'm going to check prices on the pigtails very soon. And then check on switchbacks. To run switchback leds do you have to install a led flasher or a diode. Wondering if switchbacks will hyper flash

My Dark Blue Hoe
Yeah you need an led flasher. I'm not sure on where to get switchbacks from I've been looking for a while. How do you like the hids in stock housings?

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Yeah you need an led flasher. I'm not sure on where to get switchbacks from I've been looking for a while. How do you like the hids in stock housings?

I ran HIDs and they were stupid bright but the ballasts kept giving out and would only give power to one bulb at a time 90% of the time. I'd have to completely turn the truck off and back on until both bulbs were on. It was ridiculous. I'll probably be doing LEDs from now on