2000 GMC 3500 & Gooseneck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Sound like you have a grounding problem with the dash lights coming on and off like that.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I had that problem with the dash lights in my 97. I replaced the whole headlight switch and that solved the problem, the connection to the old switch was terrible, so a new one with a new plug fixed it.

As for the truck, that thing looks badass with those Tow mirrors. I really like it.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been playing with everything in the truck today, working on getting all the little things fixed, I have the AC blowing cold, I have the lights working, I think there is a kink in the fuel filler neck because it is not wanting to take fuel so I am going to have to get that sorted out. Just lots of little things.

I ordered a new set of injectors and picked up a fuel pressure regulator. It won't be long and I will have this thing running tip top. I am already really enjoying driving it, it is so nice having Air Conditioning again.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am fighting with it right now, the dome light is not working off of the door switches, but if you run it off of the dimmer wheel switch it will come on. Not sure what the deal is there, but there is no power going to the door switches.

Also my door locks are not wanting to work, they are very very weak. I have been trying to find where they ground but have been unable to do so. I know there is a main ground tap under the dash somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
You're making me think I am having a grounding issue with my passenger side window controls. I don't understand how you have so many on your truck though, what happened?

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
also make sure your dome override switch is off so itll turn on with the doors. Also. check the vent for the fuel tank it may be clogged or kinked.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also make sure your dome override switch is off so itll turn on with the doors. Also. check the vent for the fuel tank it may be clogged or kinked.

We are way past the dome light over ride switch, I think I have a grounding issue.

This is because the blower motor likes to cut out, the cruise quit working, and the door locks do not work, they just make a minor attempt.

Going to have to tear further into the dash in a couple of weeks.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're making me think I am having a grounding issue with my passenger side window controls. I don't understand how you have so many on your truck though, what happened?

There is a main ground for all of those components, I think it is the issue.