2000 Chevy 2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corster

Reaction score
Additional things to fix now:

• Headlight switch is very warm when on, so guess that needs replacing
  • Gas gauge is completely broken now
I still like it though. :)

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which wireless camera unit did you go with? I may look into those if I decide not to buy a new stereo.

Corster

Reaction score
Which wireless camera unit did you go with? I may look into those if I decide not to buy a new stereo.

This is the one I got. If your connections are solid, it works great. Highly recommend a soldered and shrink wrap connection.

There is a slight pause after putting it in reverse before the feed displays, but not an issue for me. Feed is solid most of the times (unless there is a lot of radio/wireless interference). Also, I've had it through touch-less car washes several times and no issues with the license plate mounted camera.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07425TPBT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Corster

Reaction score
Update on fixes:
  • New Front and Rear shocks
  • 2nd try at replacing the belt (higher quality one this time)
  • Differential fluid changed
So I think I am finally at the point where (with exception of the gas gauge) this truck is mechanically restored. Probably next year I will start on making it look less stock - aka, the fun begins!