2000 ccsb 350 5.7 bogging down on take off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys just got this truck and trying to get it running good. Was having trouble staring when I first got it and could smell raw gas. But would run alright on the road. So we changed the fuel regulator and now truck got worse. Trouble turning on sometimes and when I give it gas it starts bogging down bad and turns off sometimes. Drives around 10mph down the road and slowly will go faster. But will still bog down at the stop signs. Fuel pressure is at 52psi. Any help? Crankshaft/camshaft sensor comes out on scanner. Already replaced parts and code still popping up

inscarguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you checked the spider assy? is the 52 psi at idle? is the dist in correctly? timed correctly?

check those items. there may be more but that might be a good start.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it bog when you snap the throttle while parked? 52psi is on the ragged edge of what it needs to run. Hook the gauge back up and put it in gear and give it gas while you hold the brake, see what it does. Sounds like a fuel pressure issue.

You'll need a scanner capable of running the camshaft retard offset test to set the distributor properly. May have to have a shop do it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it bog when you snap the throttle while parked? 52psi is on the ragged edge of what it needs to run. Hook the gauge back up and put it in gear and give it gas while you hold the brake, see what it does. Sounds like a fuel pressure issue.

You'll need a scanner capable of running the camshaft retard offset test to set the distributor properly. May have to have a shop do it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yes it boggs down in park when giving truck gas to. Kind of makes a vacuum popping noise, when i give it gas. Wasn't doing this before I changed fuel pressure regulator. Checked timing points and timing looks good. Didn't check timing with scanner though.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cts coolant temperature sensor.
I would be spraying carb clean around the oval O ring are the spider. I bet you find a vacuum leak.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cts coolant temperature sensor.
I would be spraying carb clean around the oval O ring are the spider. I bet you find a vacuum leak.
Thanks skylark! Will try that. Just bought some new injectors. So going to install those to.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys found my problem. My dad told auto zone that fuel regulator was for his 99 obs Tahoe. And I guess they thought of 5.3. So they gave us wrong regulator . I also installed new injectors that I bought on fb for 100$. Hell yeah. Truck is running good again. SES light still on.