2000 ccsb 2wd 8 lug ride quality help..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
FWIW, I would often carry five 50 pounds bags of landscape rocks/stone in the bed for added weight, three bags laid flat nearest/along the tailgate and the other two bags laid flat between the wheel wells. Adding that 250 pounds in the bed just behind and over the axle seemed to help smooth the ride, that is compared to the bed being empty. Line X and a laid back driving style usually kept those bags in check.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FWIW, I would often carry five 50 pounds bags of landscape rocks/stone in the bed for added weight, three bags laid flat nearest/along the tailgate and the other two bags laid flat between the wheel wells. Adding that 250 pounds in the bed just behind and over the axle seemed to help smooth the ride, that is compared to the bed being empty. Line X and a laid back driving style usually kept those bags in check.

Lol...it did ride better with like 700 lbs of paving stones in it

Tapatapatalk

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pics of what your talking about?

Tapatapatalk

Its dark out already or I would go snap a pic for ya. If you look under your truck your driveshaft is really 2 driveshafts, where they meet in the middle of the truck there is a support bearing, when that baby goes out it will shake you around real good. It will most likely be a perpetual shake that gets worse with speed

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its dark out already or I would go snap a pic for ya. If you look under your truck your driveshaft is really 2 driveshafts, where they meet in the middle of the truck there is a support bearing, when that baby goes out it will shake you around real good. It will most likely be a perpetual shake that gets worse with speed

I'll check that thanks.. Shakes worse at lower speeds

Tapatapatalk

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll check that thanks.. Shakes worse at lower speeds

Tapatapatalk

Here's a question for you... Are your tires round? Jack it up and spin the tires while watching the edge. Broken belts or cupping will make it ride like a brick wagon.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a question for you... Are your tires round? Jack it up and spin the tires while watching the edge. Broken belts or cupping will make it ride like a brick wagon.

Yea the are cupped very slightly..I'm going to get Ann alignment and try and find some tires for it soon

Tapatapatalk