2000 ccsb 2wd 8 lug ride quality help..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 2500 so I know its no caddy...but having drove almost every domestic vehicle in the USA made within the past 15_20 years leads me to believe that my truck rides like t total ...I've dreamed of having a crew cab for forever and finally have one but I absolutely hate the ride...anyone have same problem...seems like unless its brand new asphalt the truck just vibrates constantly.. Just rattles you're back after a 30 min ride like a Harley...any tips or things I could do yo help my ride would be appreciated...
Also if I got a boost louder and replaced the body mounts how big of a ride difference would it be

Tapatapatalk

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's how crewcabs ride... Wheelbase is just right rock panels in the highway. Stretches of I-5 cclb's ride harder than old leaf sprung semi's.

Shocks and tires make a difference though. Maybe someone that owns one has a few tricks up their sleeve but that's all I got :shrug:

Last edited:

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Replace your rear cab mounts with gmt800 rear mounts there hydraulic. Suppose to soften some jarring.

Adam
I Hate small phones & fat fingers

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your not hauling anything air down the rear tires. When I bought my ccsb it had the recommended 73psi in the rear tire and it rode rough, put it down in the low 50s and it rides alot nicer just keep an eye on your tire wear to make sure you dont cup the tires

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely don't air up the Load Range E tires to 80psi, like the door jamb sticker says. I think I have mine in the 40's, and it still rides rough. I found I have to keep the fronts high, or they wear on the outside edges, Though...... not to 80, but about 55, I think.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replace your rear cab mounts with gmt800 rear mounts there hydraulic. Suppose to soften some jarring.

Adam
I Hate small phones & fat fingers

Can you put these on an ext. Cab too?

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your not hauling anything air down the rear tires. When I bought my ccsb it had the recommended 73psi in the rear tire and it rode rough, put it down in the low 50s and it rides alot nicer just keep an eye on your tire wear to make sure you dont cup the tires

Well my front and back tires are at 50 still rides like a wooden wagon

Tapatapatalk