2 dr Tahoe rear rollpan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need some advice fellows. I have a 97 2dr 2wd Tahoe that the po cut the rear bumper frame horns off. So I really only have the option of putting a rollpan on. I bought one with a license plate spot. My problem is I cant bolt it on because the recess for the license plate hits the mount for the rear gas tank. Has anyone else ever done this? Can I trim that metal down without weakening it to much so the pan clears? If I need to post a picture I can do that tomorrow.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How much interference are we talking about? If it's just 1/2" or so, I'd change the tank strap bolt setup to bolts with hooks at the end so you can hang them up on that support higher up, and then fold the horizontal portion up out of the way, instead of cutting it out. That tank is heavy when full and I wouldn't want to do much to compromise the strength of the support.

Sounds like the problem is you bought a pan that is meant for a pickup, not for a Tahoe/Suburban.

Richard