2" BL or REALIFT?? Need your opinions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys my question is for this double shock setup up front can't I just use the shocks I have now and just buy 2 new rancho reservoir shocks 1 for each side and it work or would I need to buy 4 of them???

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Basically the best way I can describe the double shock set up is your making one giant shock out of two. I have dual shocks up front and they are both valved the same with a light valving so they won't be stiff. So to answer your question is if you have a light valved rancho resi now match it. If not you need four new ones. When I bought my truck the guy put the adjustable 9000 ranchos and because they are not a true valved shock it was stiff as hell. I recommend getting one that can be supper soft so your ride won't be too rough. But it will look bad ass bro. I would recomend bilstein but they are not in yours or my color scheme but I had to make that sacrifice for the ride lol

katkatcher#1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your interested...ive got a set of realfits that i bought to install on my truck when i installed my lift and said the hell with them. pm me if your interested.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Adam I just made a thread in this section about the double shock setup and I posted the ones I'm looking @ which sound like the ones the guy before you put on your truck but I'm not sure. Please check it out and let me know if I'd be making a mistake by buying those. Originally I was just wanting to keep all my original shocks that came on the cepek lift and just add 2 resi's to the front but after reading your reply I see that may make it stiff as hell, which I want it to be soft as can be because my truck is 100% pavement pounder haha Please check those shocks out and let me know what I should do. I don't want to tie up $500 in doing this stupid double shock setup because I'm getting the brackets to do it for free. I just have to pay the guy to install it all so let me know what would be cheapest and best. To be honest I just love the look of the resi's mounted up but I'd rather have a nice soft ride!!! Thanks Adam!

Oh I also got a thread going with pics of my progress on the NBS bumper in Pain/Body section so check it out too!

Griffin - P.S. Yes the double shocks are going to look sick nasty ;)