1999 Tahoe 4 door 2 wheel drive. Everyone meet Roosevelt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another 2wd 4 door!!! i have one as well, came from Texas so has ZERO rust, big deal where I am. I drove 10 hours round trip to get mine. it's not as nice as urs, but that's just cosmetic stuff. Mine is an LT, has leather interior. But the Texas heat looked like it literally melted the driver side. I bought an interior from a Z71 Tahoe, put that it, recently got an Escalade gauge cluster and center console. Needles to be tweaked, and speedo calibrated, but works and looks good. Mine is lowered close to same, got a smokin deal on a set of C5 wheels, and put 295/45 on the back, for now 255/55s up front, but eventually 275/55s. Stereo system is easy. I used a $60 Kenwood deck, cheap walmart speakers with tweaters, and sub box already had. Forgot it had crossovers, but it sounds friggin awesome. Also just realized this was my Yukon n not the Tahoe, but same difference lol. Black one is actually a Yukon...

You must be registered for see images attach

Both of yours look awesome! Really like the C5 wheels, looks like it could have been a 4 door SS Tahoe from the factory if the did one. I know what you mean on the seats looking melted, or a wolverine being left inside one for days. Every one with leather here looks the same. I'd like to see the interior since you have updated it!

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, I personally like the wheels you have on it. I have a friend who used to have a Burb like mine and a 2 door Scottsdale Tahoe the same color (pewter). He had Cragars or Torq Thrusts on the 2 door (don't remember which) and I liked the way it looked (different and cool). He let someone in the extended family have it and they got it all ghetto now. But it was cool when he had it because you don't see the W/T grille 2wd 2doors very often......

Thank you very much! The W/T grille in a Tahoe I think would look pretty cool as well. Reminds me of the Police pursuit packages and being a 2 door would definitely be different, which is what I like. I'm still considering changing up the wheels and going with the Corvette Rallies for the more classic look. I hate that I like changing wheels more than I change my own shoes.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned the police package. Houston PD used to have a few 400 Tahoes. I remember seeing one parked by their downtown headquarters, wish I'd had the digital camera then to take lots of pictures! When they ran Caprices and Mopars, the cars were light blue with white tops. Then they changed to Crown Vics in the late 90s. Ford didn't offer that color, so they went to a blue like robin's egg(like the Blue Streak plastic color). When they got the 400(94 up) Tahoes, they were that color too. In 07 they got the new Tahoes, and lots of them, all black and white like modern cop vehicles. The later CVs were all white, the ones they still have are black and white now. Explorer pursuit utilities too.....even had some Chargers that were all white or stealth cars.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned the police package. Houston PD used to have a few 400 Tahoes. I remember seeing one parked by their downtown headquarters, wish I'd had the digital camera then to take lots of pictures! When they ran Caprices and Mopars, the cars were light blue with white tops. Then they changed to Crown Vics in the late 90s. Ford didn't offer that color, so they went to a blue like robin's egg(like the Blue Streak plastic color). When they got the 400(94 up) Tahoes, they were that color too. In 07 they got the new Tahoes, and lots of them, all black and white like modern cop vehicles. The later CVs were all white, the ones they still have are black and white now. Explorer pursuit utilities too.....even had some Chargers that were all white or stealth cars.

Here you go! Lol