1999 Tahoe 4 door 2 wheel drive. Everyone meet Roosevelt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes I saw an ex cop Crown Vic the other day at work, had such a big grille guard on it, looked like it was off a truck! One time dad and I were in a pick a part yard and they had at least 20 cop and cab CVs there. Mostly HPD but some county mounties too. Most of the rest of the fomoco section was jelly bean Taurus 's.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned the police package. Houston PD used to have a few 400 Tahoes. I remember seeing one parked by their downtown headquarters, wish I'd had the digital camera then to take lots of pictures! When they ran Caprices and Mopars, the cars were light blue with white tops. Then they changed to Crown Vics in the late 90s. Ford didn't offer that color, so they went to a blue like robin's egg(like the Blue Streak plastic color). When they got the 400(94 up) Tahoes, they were that color too. In 07 they got the new Tahoes, and lots of them, all black and white like modern cop vehicles. The later CVs were all white, the ones they still have are black and white now. Explorer pursuit utilities too.....even had some Chargers that were all white or stealth cars.

We had a few of the local Sheriff's departments here in GA run the gm400 Tahoes, but most here were black and white's. I don't recall seeing the robin eggs rolling around here.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Well, I waited until today to read this thread in its entirety. Everyone knows how I feel about Roosevelt, lol! The color, stance and wheels are just right to me. It has me looking hard at my '97 Tahoe, also a 4 door 2 wheel drive.
You must be registered for see images attach

One thing I'm envious of is the wheel choices compared to the 8 lugs. Maybe I'll drag this one out and see what kind of shape she's really in before I start stealing parts off it for my 3500. Grille, lights and associated wiring, and overhead console were destined for picking...

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tundra that was my late fathers and the Yukon. The yukon needs a motor, why I'm not driving it, but buying one off a buddy, so shouldnt be too long. But I love driving the Tahoe. I like to have what others don't, and I don't think there is another 2wd Tahoe where I am. It's not perfect, needs work, but wouldn't trade it for anything. And the wife would get pissed lol, she says I get something then get rid of it lol.