1999 C/K1500 oddities and observations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whale_then

Reaction score
This may be common knowledge here, so if it is, just chalk it up to me being a newb…:)

Ever since we’ve had my son’s ‘99 K1500 we’ve had people telling us we “have the wrong year”, “99’s are that body style” etc, etc. With that in mind, I ordered a 1999 C/K series dealership brochure. Reading through it, I noticed some interesting things that seem to be unique to 1999, especially in the 1/2 ton line. I thought I’d share it with the group here.

The C/K1500 was only offered in an extended cab, short fleetside. No regular cabs or LWB was available in the 1/2 ton line in ‘99 according to this brochure. A reg cab LWB, extended cab SWB and LWB, and the crew cab SWB was available for 2500 and 3500s. The crew cab LWB was only available in 3500.

Only the 5.0 and 5.7 V8 was available for the 1/2 ton line. There was no 4.3 V6 available. The 5.7, 7.4, and 6.5 Turbo Diesel was available in the 2500 and 3500.

The only trim packages available were base, LS, and LS Premium. The C/K1500 was only available in LS trim and LS Premium Trim. The 2500 and 3500 had a base trim package, along with LS and LS Premium.

My son’s truck has the LS badge on the cab where a normal Silverado, Cheyenne, etc badge would be. It does have Silverado under the CHEVROLET tailgate emblem.
I’ve seen that, but from what I can tell they only actually called the GMC the Classic. I can’t find any documentation that called the C/K line a Silverado after ‘99. It seems they didn’t drop the C/K name, at least in ‘99.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nothing in this brochure mentions Silverado to do with any of these trucks. My assumption is they decided to completely separate the C/K line from the new for ‘99 Silverado line.

"I’m assuming that emblem is the factory one, but I’m not sure about that. If you other guys with a ‘99 K1500 would tell what your tailgate emblem is I’d appreciate it!"
I bought a 99 OBS K1500 last year. My tailgate only says "Chevrolet" across the entirety of the tailgate. No Silverado badging. Like yours, mine has an LS emblem on the B-pillars.
I hope your son is enjoying his K1500, it's definitely a special truck IMO. Drive safe!!

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"I’m assuming that emblem is the factory one, but I’m not sure about that. If you other guys with a ‘99 K1500 would tell what your tailgate emblem is I’d appreciate it!"
I bought a 99 OBS K1500 last year. My tailgate only says "Chevrolet" across the entirety of the tailgate. No Silverado badging. Like yours, mine has an LS emblem on the B-pillars.
I hope your son is enjoying his K1500, it's definitely a special truck IMO. Drive safe!!
The majority of the 99’s I’ve seen besides ours has the vinyl CHEVROLET letters on the tailgates.

He is still loving the truck!