1999 454 CCSB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am going to start a build thread but don't expect anything major to happen right away this is going to be a slow development. Overall plans are to slowly go through everything on this truck one part at a time and keep it for a long long time. When the 454 craps out I am caught between a diesel swap or building a stout 454 but that is in the future hopefully.

So far I have...

Rebuilt 4L80E back with some minor upgrades
Rebuilt rear end
Repainted the hood and roof with Majic paint to stop any rusting issues I was having
Complete rebuild of the fuel system from top to bottom.
Lastly added PY0 wheels.

Ill post pics of the rest of the truck this weekend after I clean it out but the interior is almost immaculate, it seems to have been some sort of work truck for most of it's life and from the looks of the transmission and rear end not very well kept but I am still happy because CCSB 400's are extremely rare in my part of the world. I can count all the CC's I have ever seen on one hand.

You must be registered for see images attach

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Well if your going to get one to use for work, don't get a fancy one with no structure, get one with lots of strength!

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Raw aluminum don't look bad but without some sort of clear or anodizing will quickly look like crap. The biggest thing I like about the magnum products one is the fact it doesn't obscure the back glass so much. The factory tint is almost too much for backing up at night now.

Did some digging on their site and I found this that I do like. Only significant difference is the expanded metal vs crossbars.

And I never stated but I am going to be fabbing this up myself so anything is possible I am just brainstorming right now. If anyone has any cool ideas for a headache rack throw them out there.

Last edited:

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent some time today polishing and waxing my GMT400 center caps up and they came out real good. I also started stripping on my PY0s so I can get all the corrosion polished out of them.

I still need to find some NBS lug nut covers if any of yall frequent a junkyard with NBS trucks send me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal on some lug nut covers.

Last edited:

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wet sanded and buffed the truck from the front doors forward today, came out pretty good still lots of chips and scratches but I did manage to remove a vast majority of imperfections.

Here are a few shots of the hood I painted in the backyard, definitely not a show quality job but looks great from 20 feet and is a major improvement over the chipping peeling paint and rust.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I saw the post about the headache rack and just food for thought: have you considered a ranchhand headache rack? I love their products personally