1999 2Dr Tahoe - Will

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dicksonw

Reaction score
Hey all! New 1999 Tahoe owner here, end of the GMT400 series. Honestly, I've never really worked on a truck before and bought this truck to learn more about how they work and to replace a lot of parts myself (with help from a friend with tools). I've got a question (and if there's a better place to post this please let me know!):

So I want to eventually replace all the brakes, the shocks, and lift it about 3-4 inches to get some big tires on there. Off road capable while being a fun daily driver. I'm planning on replacing front rotor/calipers, and rear drum assemblies completely. What else should I replace while I'm down there? Is there a history of hub assemblies or anything else going bad that I should replace?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Post up pics when you get the chance!

And on the brake replacement, you could also look into a GMT800 Master cylinder, it will provide a nice firm pedal if I remember correctly.

dicksonw

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Post up pics when you get the chance!

And on the brake replacement, you could also look into a GMT800 Master cylinder, it will provide a nice firm pedal if I remember correctly.
Avatar pic up! I'll have to take some better pics. And great idea, I planned on doing that too but was wondering which MC to get. I'll look into the newer model MC, that would be nice. Thanks for info

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony