1998 Single Cab Short Bed Z71 MINT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rzuc

Reaction score
You got me on that one. The green and tan truck was originally only green. When I transformed it into a two done delux (including oem decal separating the upper two tone) I did not want to mess around with the tail gate because of its aluminium "chevrolet" plate. It is getting hard to buy these and i should cost here in Brazil more than U$ 1.000.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Damn. That is pricey. I can understand that. Maybe try taping it off and then paint instead of removing it. If it is never going to be removed no one will know it is green under the strip.

LSUfan71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know where one is? GMC or Chevrolet. I usually am one to find these low mile museum type trucks but haven't found what I have been looking for. Willing to travel anywhere in the 48 states. Looking for something under 50,000 miles, prefer under 30,000. MUST BE CLOTH INTERIOR. MUST BE A 5.7/350. MUST BE STOCK. NO RED INTERIOR!!

I looked at this one today. I'll try and buy it from a high school kid this weekend. I don't think you'll find a '98 under 50,000 tho. Anyway, this truck is as close to mint as I've seen, with two exceptions: got tranny issues and the dash is cracked. The 5.7 seems to be strong but has an x-pipe in the exhaust. Sounds glorious but it isn't stock...

I'll give you his contact info, if we can't strike a deal :evillol:

You must be registered for see images attach

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I must have missed this thread before.

I'm bored as hell at work and spend all day sometimes looking at vehicles on the internet. lol I've found some really clean low mileage 98's today since I started looking, but all extended cab. I'll keep an eye out.

Edit:

Here you go.
RCSB White/Blue Not quite under 50k... But 80,000 miles.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...0000&searchRadius=0&listingId=401617981&Log=0

I know it's ext cab.... But figured it was worth posting since it only has 58k on it.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...0000&searchRadius=0&listingId=376188780&Log=0

Last edited:

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
I looked at this one today. I'll try and buy it from a high school kid this weekend. I don't think you'll find a '98 under 50,000 tho. Anyway, this truck is as close to mint as I've seen, with two exceptions: got tranny issues and the dash is cracked. The 5.7 seems to be strong but has an x-pipe in the exhaust. Sounds glorious but it isn't stock...

I'll give you his contact info, if we can't strike a deal :evillol:

Thanks but not what i am looking for. Never buy from a high schooler!!! They are out there. I've owned a few and seen a few for sale in the last couple years. Just have to be patient.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
I must have missed this thread before.

I'm bored as hell at work and spend all day sometimes looking at vehicles on the internet. lol I've found some really clean low mileage 98's today since I started looking, but all extended cab. I'll keep an eye out.

Edit:

Here you go.
RCSB White/Blue Not quite under 50k... But 80,000 miles.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...0000&searchRadius=0&listingId=401617981&Log=0

I know it's ext cab.... But figured it was worth posting since it only has 58k on it.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...0000&searchRadius=0&listingId=376188780&Log=0
For some reason those links won't open on my phone. Think i know what the white scsb is. Been for sale for a while. I spend way too much time on autotrader!!!

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score

Thanks. Those are what i have been looking for. I will have to look at that website. The last one with red interior, pretty sure this guy has had a few other low mile scsb trucks. His pics in the garage look familiar to other ones i've seen before. Plus i think they were in Georgia too. Not the biggest fan of red inside or outside. Do like the 5 speed. Owned a few back in the day. Loved them. Not sure i want a wisconsin 4x4.... Z71 sticker is in the wrong spot on the pewter one. Maybe body/paint work.

LSUfan71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks but not what i am looking for. Never buy from a high schooler!!! They are out there. I've owned a few and seen a few for sale in the last couple years. Just have to be patient.

I don't want to but the truck is very clean and the price is right, so I'm weighing the negatives against each other. Good luck on the hunt.