1998 Pewter Metallic K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pj_stock

Reaction score
Here it goes. It took a little while, but with the help of my buddy Nik, I found a unicorn. For a truck that was almost 20 years old, I couldn't believe the shape it was in. Here's the picture as advertised on infomall.
You must be registered for see images attach

There is very little wrong with truck. The rims and tires were brand new. The windshield is brand new. The wheel wells and cab corners are all intact, with no signs of rust starting. The odd paint chip here and there and a few very minor dents. The tail gate also wasn't fully functioning (like most of these trucks). Windows were already tinted. Equipped with the 14 bolt rear diff and the extra leaf spring. The only things this truck didn't have that disappointed me were the 3rd door, power locks and power windows.

First thing we did was remove the chrome bug deflector, swapped the headlights, signal lights and tail lights to freshen the truck up a bit.

Pj_stock

Reaction score
We scanned the codes, and there were a couple errors in. Catalytic system, EGR system, and an O2 sensor. There was only one solution. New Magniflow exhaust system from the manifold all the way back

The original design has 2 cats. The muffler shop I took it to offered this design. They route the Y-pipe to a single cat and a larger exhaust pipe. They keep all 4 of the O2 sensors, but they mount them in series with each other to keep the computer happy. The girl can breathe better and sounds unreal. I also replaced the EGR valve and cleaned up the electrical connectors. The check engine light is gone, and the truck runs like a top.