1998 k3500 srw ls427 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K30burb

Reaction score
I have been searching my area for awhile for the elusive k3500 srw reg cab trucks as I like them. I know have two. this build is an old farm truck that rats chewed the wires off to the nubs at the firewall and the previous owner abandoned the truck repairs. it had a flatbed on it for farm use, but when po abandoned repairs he took the flatbed off. so I basically got it as a cab and chassis. it was a 350vortec, 4l80e, borg transfer, 9.25ifs, 14bff g80 truck to start with.

You must be registered for see images attach

K30burb

Reaction score
so it begins... I pulled the 350vortec out and kept all other running gear intact. I built a ls427 from a gmpp block, with lunati sledgehammer forged stroker crank, forged h beam rods, probe forged flattop pistons, gm l92 camshaft with matching gmpp springs, arp main studs, arp rod bolts, arp head studs, 243 heads/because I had them already, ls truck intake for simplicity. 90mm cable throttle body. stainless 304 headers, so on. even tho its a 427 its a mild one. no radical cams, no radical compression, so on. truck is going to be a dd. we can conservatively say the engine makes 490-500hp but will have tons of tq.

K30burb

Reaction score
as of this week, I have the engine installed with my own motor mounts/own a machine shop. and my custom stand alone harness. I programmed my ecm with my hptuners pro setup. very close to having it running in next few days. then put a bed on it and finish it out.

K30burb

Reaction score
my ls for the install