1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Sweet rig man! I feel your pain when it comes to funds, highschool budgets suck!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just read through your whole build. I really like the truck but there's a few things i think could change, ditch those steps ASAP, and get rid of the bug shield. I hate mine! other than that the truck reminds me a lot of a kid i knows single cab haha.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Just a comment on the bug shield, unless you can keep it clean and free of dirt and debris, it will hold moisture and can really mess up your paint. I have several rust spots I'm in the process or fixing due to me never checking mine.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ranchhands look better :deal: Not much I would change, just not a fan of visors.

Each to their own, haha. Ranch hands might be stronger and more reliable, but they don't look nearly as good. At least in my mind.

Nice build! I like the direction your going.

Don't listen to Scott and his visor hate!

I'll try not to! Still not completely sure if I'm sold on the idea of a visor or not, but I love the look.

Nice truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! :)

Sweet rig man! I feel your pain when it comes to funds, highschool budgets suck!

Exactly! So many ideas and so many things you'd like to do, but as a highschooler, you just can't.

Just read through your whole build. I really like the truck but there's a few things i think could change, ditch those steps ASAP, and get rid of the bug shield. I hate mine! other than that the truck reminds me a lot of a kid i knows single cab haha.

Just a comment on the bug shield, unless you can keep it clean and free of dirt and debris, it will hold moisture and can really mess up your paint. I have several rust spots I'm in the process or fixing due to me never checking mine.

Thanks both of you! :) In regards to the running board; I never used to be a fan of running boards, but I originally kept them as a preventative measure to help limit the number of rock chips and then also help reduce the possibility of ruse. After a while though, I got used to them being there (they stick out several inches..at least and inch or two wider than my foot). So now it's habit to use them whenever I'm getting into the truck. I'd love to take them off for the spring/summer and put some black tube running boards on.

Now, in regards to the bug shield. I really like the look it gives my truck! Followed your advice SwampHound, and I went ahead and checked the edge of the hood where the shield attaches. Nothing wrong there, which is good.

In other news, truck is still driving like a dog. However, the transmission and rear differential are getting flushed on Friday, so hopefully that helps. Otherwise I don't know what else it might be. Haven't done too much research on it yet though.

-Nick

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update on the truck. Got it back from the shop yesterday. Had them do a full transmission and rear differential flush as well as an oil change (convenience factor) and a front end alignment. So far it seems to be driving better than before, but only time will tell.

Plans for today: Wire up two more lights for when I'm in reverse and then help a friend work on his 89 Suburban.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some tow mirrors today for it! Looks pretty mean with them now!

Last edited: