1998 GMC RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canada RCSB Mike

OBS is what I like!!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
Before any work completed, also new toy

You must be registered for see images attach

What used to be!!! Nice eh!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Por-15 on the complete frame, stuff is rock hard!!! Awsome stuff

Also Por-15 the upper and lower CA`s

Waiting on new tires, BF Goodrich Mud Terrains 315/75/16

Maybe a 6 wheel drive short box?????????????:evillol:

Let know what all ya think.
Enjoy

Canada RCSB Mike

OBS is what I like!!
Reaction score
I will apologize now, its very long winded.

POR-15 works awesome man. As long you have the time and money. I had to clean up my frame as you saw in the 2nd pic. and i wanted something that would hold/maintain for the next 5-10 years without to much maintenance. They say it will last that long and longer.

PREP:
the frame must be completely wire brushed/grinder/drill brushed to clean metal. well there will always be pits and surface rust. This usually takes awhile. Make sure to maintain ur ground connections.

CLEANING:
Afetr frame is cleaned off from scale/dirt you must use marine clean from the same dealer of por-15. This marine clean is an excellent degreaser and cleaner. Must be used above 70F!!! It leaves behind a film once dry to hlp with the bonding process.You may have alot of rubbing to do if you get undercoating reguarly. Must be clean before the next stage. Rinse with water well and allow to dry.

METAL PREP:
next there is a metal prep stage. Its called metal ready. a chemical mixture to stop the the chemical reaction of the oxidazation of the metal. It must be applied in above 70F temps.(very hard in the middle of winter here!!). The metal must be kept wet with solution for at least 30mins. If it is very rusty you may need to keep the metal ready sprayed on longer.
Then it must be rinsed off with water and let dry COMPLETELY!!!!!! There should be no moisture at all. Use a de-humidifer if needed. If u apply the paint when wet it will harden to quick and not maintain the bond suppose too. This process will also leave behind a dusty flim to increase the bonding of POR-15.

PAINTING:
Once dry, you can start the painting. You can either spray, or brush this on. If you spray you will need excellent ventaliation. This **** can be very harmful. I brushed it on and had to use a full face respriatior 3M with P-100 acid organic filters. Once applied this is not the end of it. This paint is UV senstive. So all this hard work you did must be covered up once again. Any type of paint will work. You only need to apply this top coat where the sun is in direct contact.
Once that is done, congrats, u are done. Enjoy. It works very well. Its been on the frame about 6 months now and still looks very good.

END RESULT:
By the time you step back and enjoy, you will be pissed due to the money this stuff costs. It ain`t cheap. I`m in Canada and a gallon cost me $190.00. U also have the metal prep and marine clean and tons of wire brushes and sand paper.
I still have a 1/4 gallon left. It does spread very well. I`m still having a very hard time chipping off the drippings off the shop floor.
I`m out of breath now...

Hope this helps u decide. I think it would scare me off. I bought the product thinking it wouldn`t be too bad. OH WELL:uhoh2::uhoh2:

I must say it turned out very well. I even did all crossmembers/CA`s/ inside bumpers/gas tank/ new gas&brake lines/frame/rear axle, and soon to be firewall and floor of cab in and out.

ENJOY

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HOLY SHEET.......I think building a nuclear powered space rocket would be easier than that. Worthwile results but crikey, thats a lot of prepwork.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks good and after the lift and some tires maybe the renegade (500 or 800??) wont look so big in the back of it!

Hope your POR-15 holds up better then mine or a friends did. Might also want to give ait a spray of some gloss black paint. UV rays can break it down too if not covered. After a year my frame looked no different then when I painted it.

Canada RCSB Mike

OBS is what I like!!
Reaction score
Sorry but it looks like its an outlander

Your right its an outlander 650XT. Just ordered a 1.5" lift for it. Thinking about a rad re-locater/snorkel kit for it also.