1997 Chevy K3500 CCLB SRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Best $101 and chance i've ever spent! Picked up a pair of Escalade clusters and an escalade fog light switch! One for my 90 and one for this crew cab. Waiting on the LED bulbs to come in for the 97's cluster. Also picked up the factory fog light switch so I can install a light bar in the grille and run it off of a relay and the factory fog light switch.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Got the Escalade cluster installed, swapped over the factory odometer. Also updated the HVAC controls to LED, dome lamps to LED and installed new LMC clear lenses on the lamps.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Ran the truck down to our property to meet some scrappers today, so they can get some junk iron off the land.

So, since the last update i've ordered / purchased the following:
-Paint to match diesel front bumper
-4-1/4" square LED flood lights
-GMC Grille
-Brand new Crystal clear headlights, LED park lights & clear corner lenses
-5K HID Hi / Lo bulbs

Test fitted the flood lights and they'll fit pretty good.

Fuel economy isn't too bad at 70 down the highway.

Unfortunately on the way home the engine started losing oil pressure at idle. So, I guess it's definately rebuild time.

Last edited:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well, the replacement engine has been decided and i'll most likely go pick it up this week.

Going to pickup a GM Marine 7.4 rated at 385hp/470tq. I'll windup with a 3yr/100,000 mile warranty for only $2900 + $600 core OTD. I may keep the original 7.4 and rebuild it for my 90.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
It might be worth checking your oil pressure with a mechanical gauge. I recently started loosing oil pressure but it was due to a worn out/failed oil pressure sending unit. Replaced it with an ACDelco one and found lost oil pressure. :D My 454 w/265,### original miles runs down the road with 60+ PSI, idling cold it is 70+ psi.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
It might be worth checking your oil pressure with a mechanical gauge. I recently started loosing oil pressure but it was due to a worn out/failed oil pressure sending unit. Replaced it with an ACDelco one and found lost oil pressure. :D My 454 w/265,### original miles runs down the road with 60+ PSI, idling cold it is 70+ psi.

Unfortunately, the amount of knocking that occurs at idle is a straight bearing failure.

Thank you for the input!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Yup, that's no bueno! Sorry to hear about that. Going to put a 411 ECM in it too? Any specs on the marine motor?

I'd really like to do the 0411 pcm swap, but at this point. I'd rather get the engine swapped and running correctly, before doing a pcm swap.

No current specs on the Marine motor, as I haven't gone down to look at / buy yet.

I'm also reconsidering doing a rebuild on the current stock engine myself.