1997 Chevy k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obs89

Reaction score
10-4 I had a exshaust done and they just took them out and never put them in the new exhaust so that should be added to the list. And also yes 4 I have 4

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming that there's no other problems--and perhaps there are--having the O2 sensors in place (particularly the before-catalyst sensor pair) should make a considerable improvement in fuel economy, driveability once warmed-up, and emissions. May or may not improve power.

Obs89

Reaction score
It was a vacuum leak it fixed every thing. But now I seem to have a problem where if I leave truck for awhile and it gets cold it hard to to start unless I start it with my foot on the gas. No codes. No nothing it will run fine . I still have no 02 sensors working on that currently. I think ima try to put a new temp sending sensor in cause it’s not very accurate. Or try a crank shaft position sensor cause I was getting a code for that but cleared it and it went away. So I’m little lost ima try to get my cousin to use his snap on scanner and do a fuel pressure test before I buy anything. Any ideas what I should do. Ik the fuel pressure reg isn’t leaking I cleaned it when I put a new plenum gasket on. And it also has a new tank and fuel pump
Both a year old.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
It was a vacuum leak it fixed every thing. But now I seem to have a problem where if I leave truck for awhile and it gets cold it hard to to start unless I start it with my foot on the gas. No codes. No nothing it will run fine . I still have no 02 sensors working on that currently. I think ima try to put a new temp sending sensor in cause it’s not very accurate. Or try a crank shaft position sensor cause I was getting a code for that but cleared it and it went away. So I’m little lost ima try to get my cousin to use his snap on scanner and do a fuel pressure test before I buy anything. Any ideas what I should do. Ik the fuel pressure reg isn’t leaking I cleaned it when I put a new plenum gasket on. And it also has a new tank and fuel pump
Both a year old.
Check grounds and connections on fuel pump wiring harness. May not be allowing good current flow, compromising pump performance.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Okay I’ll check tmo. But why would it only do it when’s it’s cold. It will run fine once I get it started and everything yk?
A bad connection could be loose when cold, and heats up just enough to get tighter once the vehicle warms up, or the outside temperature does.