1997 Chevy crew Cab with 2011 interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Over a certain GVWR they weren't required to have air bags, that truck never had one.

My 97 dually has a driver's airbag, that interior is the same kind. I'm missing the passenger airbag though, just have a cubby.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
My 97 dually has a driver's airbag, that interior is the same kind. I'm missing the passenger airbag though, just have a cubby.

Something isn't right then. It should've had this wheel:

You must be registered for see images attach

That is my truck near the day we brought it home, that isn't and airbag, just a horn pad.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, then I stand corrected. That is the wheel I have in my truck. Looks like an airbag, just doesn't say airbag on it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to retrofit dual bags from a 98+ truck. I like those wheels better anyway, plus you can get the steering wheel controls for the radio on them. I know the pull and pay doesn't sell airbags, so I wonder how much trouble I'll have getting the stuff.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having had a cab stripped down and then removing the cab...you're in for a lot of work to have functioning airbags. There are front and side impact sensors, chassis wiring, cab wiring, and a computer in there somewhere. I have the 98+ steering wheel on my truck now with the SWAC, but the airbag isn't wired up.

Odd, the Pick-N-Pull yards in my area have no problem selling airbags.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that's a new thing, I can't wrap my head around it. I'm shocked that these dinosaurs have side impact sensors. In the end though it's just power and ground to the airbag computer and then deal with all the bullshit that's plugged into it, right?

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You still have that '98 in your sig? Poke around and look for any loom and tape that is yellow. That is all the airbag system. When I did my cab swap I gutted my '96 cab, the donor '97 cab and swapped just what I needed. Being a '97 and 1500 w/3rd door it had an airbag system in it but I didn't bother with swapping it over, but I saw where there was a lot of yellow harness.