1997 chevrolet performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtie freak

Reaction score
hey guys I have just recently joined this forum, though i have been on it for a while now ,just never made an account. A lot of you have some really nice trucks and good information. So far on my gmt400 i have lifted it six inches and it sits on 35 mickey thompson mtzs. I have done mostly bolt ons, vette servo, regeared to 4.56, and a Black bear tune. The truck is pretty peppy and will turn em over whenever i want it to. i would like to get a few opinions about the truck. whenever i am going 35-65 the truck shifts to overdrive quickly on acceleration and feels like it bogs down and wont downshift out of overdrive. I wasnt sure if it had to do something with the taller gears or a tranny issue. any opinions are helpful!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you had it tuned were the tire sizes an new gears put in? If not that could affect when it shifts...

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Contact Justin with the issue. I use him for tuning all my buddies trucks, my wifes 03, and my cousins 2013. He has retuned the 2013 6 times now because of how the big cam is reacting to the 9600# truck