1997 305 vortec in NEED of help !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok , this is my first post so this may or may not be in the correct section, if not I appolsgize. I have been following the forum for a while but now I am in need of help so I finally joined. Here is my issue, I recently did a body lift (3 inch) on my 1997 silverado k1500 with a 5l vortec and while I did that my friends changed my muffler for a flowmaster. The problem is that now after the instsll the truck will no longer start! It turns over hit will not start. I have checked for power at the pump and there is a good ground there as well. I checked the fuel rail and when turning the engine over it squirts up maybe 2 inches. I do not hear the fuel pump priming. I am running out of ideas and want to ask more questions before I go a head and replace the pump because t ran fine while I drove it into the garage and now 2 days later it no longer starts and the pump is not all that old either.
All input is welcome I am in major need of help! Thank you very much

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Gonna have to get a fuel pressure tester and see what the actual pressure is. We can help you from there. You can rent a fuel pressue tester from any chain parts store.

Reaction score
Did you test Volts or use test light , sometimes reistance in bad wires lights up but the voltage is too low. And definitely use a guage.