1996 LS Swap Emissions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As some of y'all may know I ditched the 305, sold the marine intake and supercharger, and went LS.
I've gotten everything almost complete but am wondering what to do with the emissions system. I need it to at least look like its there, doesn't matter if it works or not because I can have the tuner remove the CEL for those codes. Main thing I am worried about is the charcoal canister, the EGR valve is gone and I don't plan on putting one on unless the inspection station says something.
If I leave the canister and run the hoses to the intake like factory, plug in whatever plugs fit (if any) and tuck the rest into the harness will I have any problems?
Also, how would the tank vent?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
My Trailblazer with the 5.3 had a charcoal can back by the tank. When I deleted it, I tuned it not to run the purge solenoid, and left the line from the sending unit, cut short to sit above the tank and serve as a vent.