1996 Complete engine with new heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Removed from my 1996 Tahoe sport 4wd with under 120k miles on the odometer.

As I am replacing the entire engine in my Tahoe I would like to sell the old engine.

Some notable items were recently replaced -
New heads, purchased from Summit Racing in 2010, have less than 8000 miles on them.
At that time the Head bolts, all gaskets, rockers, pushrods, heater inlet, thermostat housing, thermostat, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap/rotor...and probably more items that I am forgetting were replaced with new GM parts.
Alternator is brand new

I can include the factory engine harness + computer, and the stock air intake/box setup with a K&N drop in filter and the radiator.

To go along with the engine I have a brand new GM timing chain kit + black/red lettering bowtie timing cover which I had been planning to replace.

Engine has lower end damage, it knocked and when I drained the oil and pulled apart the filter it was a glitter factory. I'm assuming it has a spun main bearing on the crankshaft.

Everything is there as it came out of my truck and the only thing I plan to take off it are I plan to pull the plastic intake off and pull the MPFI kit off to swap onto my new engine, so this one will have a stock spider on it (but it will be off a new gm crate engine).

Here's a video of it last running, and a entertaining picture of how it looks out of the truck :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmtdbnflVtI

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm open to offers, but the heads were $700 when I bought them, the bottom end is the only thing that needs attention.

I'd like $450 as that is what I can easily get for the heads alone if I take it apart. Local pickup only, I am located in southern california, about an hour north of LA. Ventura County.

Last edited:

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: Turns out my new engine also came with the MPFI conversion on it, so this engine for sale also will have the GM MPFI conversion kit on this engine, can be sold with or without. I am willing to part it out.

$250 for MPFI kit by itself, or $600 total for the engine with the kit and everything listed in the first post.

$400 for the heads/rockers/pushrods/valve covers

$150 for the shortblock