1995 c3500 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avargas

Reaction score
Finally gathered up enough parts to start my suspension lift on the old dually. I bought this truck from a co worker with 283,000 miles on it. The interior is super clean with little wear. The 7.4 is strong and the 4l80e shifts good, the rear end though howls like a three balled Tom cat and will need some attention. It has some shakes and shimmy's that I'll work out. My plan is to rebuild the whole power train over time in my garage. I have done all this work before and I'm not a time crunch so I'm going to take my time and get it right the first time. Stay tuned.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

avargas

Reaction score
Last look at the stock assembly. Everything is worn out looking and just will not do.

]

Attachments

• 20150920_190653.jpg
    20150920_190653.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 46

avargas

Reaction score

Removed center link with idler arm and pitman arm still attached.
Took to work and removed them with a shop press. Also found damage to lower control arm hanger from worn out bushing. Will use the welder to fix the scarring.

avargas

Reaction score

Fixed the lower hanger, cleaned up the rust,installed Fabtech 4.5 lift spindles, all new energy poly bushings,moog joints,tie rod, idler,pitman, steering box, rotors,calipers,hoses,EBC pads,wheel bearings, Rancho rs5000 shocks.

Last edited:

avargas

Reaction score

I got the brakes bled, power steering bled, wheels on and torqued. I got to say the lift actually brought it up 6", but I'm sure it will settle once I drive it for a bit. Up next I'll install the rear 2" block ,new poly in leafs and check the rear brakes and differential out.

avargas

Reaction score

Turned the truck around blocked the front tires and jacked rear end off ground and supported the frame. Pulled off the tires, axle shafts, and brake drums. Found passenger side wheel seal leaking for a good while. Axles shafts had allot of rust on them. Also it appears that the last time someone did a brake job on this they put both primary shoes on same side, and both secondary shoe on the other.
Good thing Im fixing this. brakes are very important for everybody's safety, especially when towing. Next up I'll pull the diff cover and see what kind of mess it's in.

avargas

Reaction score

I got the cover off the diff and my fears were confirmed. Pilot bearing cage had worn and let the gear backlash increase. Also found out I have a **** hot posi trac called the G80.

avargas

Reaction score

Decided to order new 4.10 gear set and bearing kit, so I pulled the axle out and leaf springs off. I'm going to power wash the axle housing and leaf springs. I'll prep the leafs for the new poly bushings and do some frame cleaning while I wait for the gear set to show up.