1994 Truck Misfires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMCNS

Reaction score
Ive got a new 350 TBI motor that was put in 16k ago. It has always seemed to misfire a little in park happens when cold and warmed up. But it drives just fine. I redid the exhaust and my truck only had 1 o2 sensor in before I did exhaust work. I don't have a cat or o2 sensor now. What all can cause misfire? I plan to put an o2 back in soon

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put the O2 sensor back in sooner then soon.... the truck needs the O2 sensor to run correctly... Put it back in then get back to us...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

94silveraydo

Reaction score
The o2 sensor isn't as necessary on the '94 model as people might think. I've been running mine with a set of hooker long tubes and no o2 sensor for about 3 years now. I have however had the issue you are seeing, which was caused by a bad MAP sensor. It's a rectangular piece connected by vacuum hose to the top of the IM/bottom of the TB with a bit of wiring connected to it. When idling the engine is at a higher amount of vacuum than when driving and the timing needs to be adjusted appropriately, which the ECU won't do if it's reading the vacuum reading wrong. If that doesn't work, set the timing again. From what I remember there is a brown wire that needs to be disconnected from the back of the distributor somewhere and then you set timing to 0* TDC reading from the plug wire on cylinder one.