1994 K1500 ECSB "The G Wagon"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Rehabbed my front skid plate too. It was THICKLY covered in old spray undercoating. Scraped, sanded, and buffed. Then I figured out what others may already know, if you want brushed aluminum you rub over it in one direction with a dry scotch pad. I’ll post a pic when the front end is all back together.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Front end rehab almost complete. I just have wait for my repainted tow hooks to dry. With this cooler weather, I want to make sure the epoxy paint is solid before I reinstall them.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
A little wash, clay bar, buff with Mequir’s Ultimate Polish Pre-Waxing Glaze and then 303 Graphene Nano Spray brings the factory paint back to life!!

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
A little wash, clay bar, buff with Mequir’s Ultimate Polish Pre-Waxing Glaze and then 303 Graphene Nano Spray brings the factory paint back to life!!

God I need to do this to my 07 baaaad, I got spoiled by automatic car washes lol. Too bad my black paint is full of swirls and micro scratches

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
God I need to do this to my 07 baaaad, I got spoiled by automatic car washes lol. Too bad my black paint is full of swirls and micro scratches

The Meguir’s Ultimate Polish is magic stuff. I used an orbital buffer with a foam pad on low speed. It does wonders on swirls a small scratches. After all, this is 30 year paint and clear you see here.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
For those of you that read my “Vinyl Wrapping Interior Trim” thread, this is the finished product. I wrapped the door bezel in matte gunmetal vinyl wrap to match the factory look. My practice wrapping paid off in the end. Now to do the drivers side door.

I might rewrap the eBay donor set of bezels I bought with the brushed gunmetal vinyl wrap and offer them for sale in the classified section.

I also picked up a very nice used OEM rear view mirror from eBay. The bottom center of mine had an area of delamination.

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Finished vinyl wrapping the driver door bezel today. I’m getting better at it. I’ll be wrapping the wiener dog after while. :anitoof: :anitoof:

Before

After

I just need to touch up a few spots around the black part of the bezel (with some black paint and fine brush) where I nicked the plastic when trimming around that area.

And yes, I AM THAT person that will see those imperfections in my work and it will bug me.

Last edited: