1994 K1500 7 pole wiring issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey sorry for the lack of updates, been busy with other things. But i got the plug wired up from the battery to a 30A circuit breaker to the plug. Everything worked out great! thanks for the help!

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 12V function will run your truck and camper batteries down so fast.
It's OK with the engine running. I'd stick a relay triggered by ign source into the
orange wire. At least that will protect your cranking batts. 3 way is an old
concept. Most new fridges are 110Vac or LP.
JR

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's OK with the engine running. I'd stick a relay triggered by ign source into the
JR
The only reason I wanted the 12v is for keeping the fridge running when I am towing. Once at the campsite the fridge either runs off 120v or propane. Old concept or not it was new for my 86 tent trailer which only had an ice box when I purchased it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Let's keep in mind the trailer battery is there to run the trailer brakes in the event of a break away, not to run accessories while underway....don't do anything to compromise it.

Just sayin'.

:)

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get what your saying, but it actually doesn't have any battery's on the trailer, and there are no trailer brakes. I will be looking into adding them in next summer, but the 12v from my truck is run straight to the fridge to run it while i am towing to the camp site.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
JR

Exactly how I did my 7 way plugs (bed and bumper). I did not want 12V going to the plugs unless the truck's ignition was on. I also picked up some remnant, insulated 12/4 wire from home depot for next to nothing to run from the engine compartment to the bumper. One wire for 12V, one for ground, another for brakes, the fourth was tied up to be used later for something.