1994 4l60e to nv3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rolley

Reaction score
I just recently acquired a 1994 Chevy S10 4.3L V6 that has the 4l60e and it’s 4x4 w/ 6ft bed (drive shaft reasons). I have no idea what the T-Case is to be exact nor do I know the rest end gear ratio. So I hope this doesn’t hurt my question. But I’d love to swap it with the NV3500 5 spd transmission while keeping 4x4. If I have to acquire a new T-Case and/or rear end that is fine. I would just like to know how to perform the swap. I know the computers have to be swapped. However I want to know if I gotta get a new drive shaft, u joints, rear end, t-case, front drive shaft, how to put the clutch fluid reservoir in, how to install the clutch pedal and everything. If u know if a really good in depth video and/or a parts list to do the ENTIRE swap of my specific truck that would be awesome. Not look for a performance clutch yet just a basic one. It’s going to be a daily while slowly becoming a nice show truck. I’ve been working on vehicles for years now and so I have jsut about all of the tools I need I just don’t have a clue on how to do a swap like what I want to do.