1994 4.3 tbi issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There were two different 4.3's for a couple years I believe 92-95. It was NOT tbi. It was CPI. The vin code for that engine was W. The TBI vin code was Z.

here is a picture -
You must be registered for see images

As far as I know this version was never available in the pick ups but that engine does have a crank sensor.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That in my opinion was the best 4.3 because it had real fuel injector's and rail's, not a spider injector.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I worked on one of those in a 92 blazer, it was the one that actually had outboard injector's and rail's, it would really run for a blazer.

1996 yukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish that I had that motor instead of the TBI.. Actually I wish the LS block in my closet had parts on it so I could swap it out.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my son had a 94 with the 4.3 its a tbi motor we had those same issues swapped out the coil and the plug to it and it cured the problem

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
There were two different 4.3's for a couple years I believe 92-95. It was NOT tbi. It was CPI. The vin code for that engine was W. The TBI vin code was Z.

here is a picture -
You must be registered for see images

As far as I know this version was never available in the pick ups but that engine does have a crank sensor.

Fullsizes got the Vin "Z" 4.3L which in 1993/1994 got the CPI heads, but still no crank sensor.