1994 4.3 tbi issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996 yukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so right now my truck is throwing three codes: p0012, p0015, and either p0330 or p0033. I'm trying to track down the wiring to my crankshaft position sensor and cant for the life of me find it. Where the hell is this thing? I've been told its 7 o'clock of the harmonic balancer.. but all I see is the water pump. Thanks in advance.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you looked from underneath? the water pump is probably blocking your view

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something, but I have never seen a tbi motor have a crankshaft position sensor.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
u shouldnt have tbi if yours is a 96 you should have the newer style vortec motor

1996 yukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is for my 94, not my 96. I didn't think these things had CPS's either, but the codes I'm pulling are saying so. And no, I've taken the accessory bracket off and there's nothing behind, so it's not up front.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
uhhh i dunno then. is it a pick up? I know the S10 Blazer has the cpi vin W 4.3 which does have a crank sensor. but as far as I know they never put that motor in the pick up

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have a code lookup chart handy or I would look them up. Because I don't think any TBI's had that sensor, at least none of them I have ever worked on. What's the truck doing BTW?

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
p0330 - Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2)

I have no idea what the other codes are

1996 yukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
uhhh i dunno then. is it a pick up? I know the S10 Blazer has the cpi vin W 4.3 which does have a crank sensor. but as far as I know they never put that motor in the pick up

They've had the 4.3 in trucks from when it came out in the 80's to present, and yes its a pickup.

I don't have a code lookup chart handy or I would look them up. Because I don't think any TBI's had that sensor, at least none of them I have ever worked on. What's the truck doing BTW?

In a nutshell it's running like ****. Rough idle, hard acceleration, will stall if started cold without staying on the throttle. After warming up to operating temp it does improve a little bit.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man that's hard to say, if it were mine I would put a live data scanner on it and see what's going on, but I don't know if you have access to one, and I don't like to suggest thing's that I am unsure about, because who can afford to just throw part's at it until it runs.