1993 Solid axle build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Looks like a fun place to drive, there used to be a trail a bit north of me through the trees that people made for the power line, but they replanted because of damn eco terrorists. they only got about 10 trees planted, and it wrecked a damn fun trail.

cmull

Reaction score
actually rides nice!(after the tires warm up of course) and im actually thinking about making a bumper that slides into the frame rails that i can have upside down when im on the street to meet the 29in height limit, but then flip it when i go off road to have a grill guard! but if i find a good craigslist deal on a bumper ill grab it! i was wondering if having a body lift would make one of those bumpers hard to make fit?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
actually rides nice!(after the tires warm up of course) and im actually thinking about making a bumper that slides into the frame rails that i can have upside down when im on the street to meet the 29in height limit, but then flip it when i go off road to have a grill guard! but if i find a good craigslist deal on a bumper ill grab it! i was wondering if having a body lift would make one of those bumpers hard to make fit?

Is that 29" limit for front and rear? Thats weak. Oughta throw off the looks a bit thats for sure

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
A body lift will actually give you more access to the frame rails front and back, which is the only good thing about body lifts. I would toss the body lift that's already in the truck; get some usable bumpers permanently bolted in front and back that you can climb on, as swapping the bumper in and out again and again will get real tired, real fast. And if your swapping out the gas tank anyways, swap in some TBI fuel injection. Dirt simple and always runs real well, meaning off camber climbs, vapour lock, cold starts and numerous other issues aren't going to piss you off the way that a carburetor will, especially if you daily drive it. Otherwise, drive it. Drive the whee out of it man.

P.s. bonus of getting rid of the body lift is still clear the tires and the cops can go fly a kite.

cmull

Reaction score
cleaned her up a little today before the rain.. wish i took before pics! keep in mind, this truck was run through the mud with open widows many times!
You must be registered for see images attach

found this at the picknpull and since all but one clip was broken and its all cracked up it was free! makes that hole a little smaller!

also when i find seats i like... im just gunna rip this carpet out and bed liner the floor!!