1993 Solid axle build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmull

Reaction score
Posted in the build section but i also want feedback so im posting here too! Recently traded a s10 for this beast. 12in lift one on axles with 4.10 gears. freshly rebuilt 355 with only 100 miles(papers to prove) and TH400 tranny of an old square. Im a fan of built not bought... but the amount of money i would have needed to get to this point is a bit out of my ability at 17.. so im just going to continue the build! Any feedback and opinions are welcome! One thing Im definitely going to do a shackle flip to get rid of those cheap autozone blocks! Im also thinking fender flares, light bar on top or bed bars with a set of kcs on them, cb radio, roll pan on the back, going back to a real gas tank. definitely doing a dual battery setup. might run an amp and some subs. other ideas are definitely floating around in my head.. Now some pictures!!
when i got it..
You must be registered for see images attach

had to play in some mud!

do yall like where i mounted my radio? haha

want to replace this tach.. not a fan of it

yay fuel cell! anyone understand the foam inside?

those blocks..

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally think before anything goes on the outside of the truck ie lights and flares. Why not finish up the interior?

cmull

Reaction score
I personally think before anything goes on the outside of the truck ie lights and flares. Why not finish up the interior?

because mudtruck ;) but really i just havent decided what i want to do with the interior yet.. im thinking bucket seats and some kind of console with one or a couple subs in it, but im not sure yet. and also i already have a set of kcs and another battery for the dual battery setup so i think im starting there.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Yea, if its a mud truck who cares about interior? I dont hate the look of a sh!tty interior. a truck is a truck and it isnt meant to be pretty. Nice truck though!

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice trade. the foam inside the fuel cell is sorta like baffels keeps the gas from sloshing around while your driving. its actually made for fuel cells.

cmull

Reaction score
no build updates, but had some fun! under some powerlines we play on, but never had to lock her in 4x4. old truck always needed 4x4 but i guess tires and axle makes all the difference!

had to take a picture.. first time my buddy has done anything but drive through muddy puddles! he definitely needed 4x4 ;)

that white GMC has so many miles and still runs strong! its either at or close to 300k i believe

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Add tow hooks, winch and fuel injection, forget about anything else. Nice truck guy. How does it ride on the road with leaf springs?