1993 blazer tbi coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sure; two -

Very common - the heater hose fitting at the passenger rear corner of the intake. Quick-connect fitting pieces can go bad and leak, or what's more likely, the fitting itself has corroded and is coming apart. Be careful, if that's the case just touching the thing can snap it off and you'll be stuck where you are. Lots of posts covering dealing with this issue.

Somewhat common - leaking intake gaskets, especially if the engine is 150K+ miles. Will tend to pool around at least one of the corners of the intake near the coolant passages or drip down the head nearby.

If it's lower down, could be one of the expansion plugs in the side or rear of the engine. If that's the case gonna have to look around to see where it's coming from.

Richard

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure; two -

Very common - the heater hose fitting at the passenger rear corner of the intake. Quick-connect fitting pieces can go bad and leak, or what's more likely, the fitting itself has corroded and is coming apart. Be careful, if that's the case just touching the thing can snap it off and you'll be stuck where you are. Lots of posts covering dealing with this issue.

Somewhat common - leaking intake gaskets, especially if the engine is 150K+ miles. Will tend to pool around at least one of the corners of the intake near the coolant passages or drip down the head nearby.

If it's lower down, could be one of the expansion plugs in the side or rear of the engine. If that's the case gonna have to look around to see where it's coming from.

Richard

Thanks i knew about the intake gaskets on the vortec motors but not on the tbi

flainn

Reaction score
Could also be the seals on the water pump. I'm getting a leak down my lower radiator hose. Replaced the hoses, thinking the lower hose had sprung a leak (and they needed to be replaced anyway). Now it's still leaking. :( Looking at replacing the water pump next.

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found the leaks on mine (atleast some of them) the heater hose is leaking bad but the rad is also leaking around the trans cooler port and also down the side of the finns on the driver side, so it looks like a new rad hoses and heater hoses for me

krzdave

Reaction score
I have a 95 2 Dr Yukon 4x4 5.7 TBI. I am pretty sure my LH (driver's side) head is leaking coolant from a bolt the is holding the plug wire bracket.
Does anyone know if that hole goes into the water jacket?
Anyone ever have any experience with this happening.